Information for Practitioners
Nursery Practitioners are enthusiastic, love working with children and strive to ensure the child’s wellbeing is always the top priority. Combining fun with professionalism, Practitioners provide children with the best care in their early years in a nurturing, caring, and friendly environment.
- A NVQ Level 3 in Child Care or equivalent (may consider level 2 qualified)Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- A firm knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and be able to use this to provide suitable activities tailored to the child’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Excellent organisational skills
- IT skills
- Bundles of enthusiasm!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Continually monitor and observe activity and development of children, using this information to plan, reflect and continually improve provision;
- Generate new ideas to plan for appropriate experiences and opportunities;
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children;
- Build excellent relationships with children; families and staff, to enable great partnership working;
- Safeguarding of all children;
- Attend to children’s personal needs;
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Keep records of children’s development;
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and guidelines;
- A willingness to attend relevant training courses;
- Have lots of fun!