Information for Managers
Self-motivated, organised and pro-active, the Nursery Manager is responsible for overseeing the running of the setting whilst ensuring best outcomes for all children.
- Level 4 in Child Care or above
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- At least two years post qualifying childcare experience.
- Competent in ICT
- Experience of leading teams and managing an early years setting would be an advantage.
- Previous involvement in OFSTED inspections
- Excellent knowledge of EYFS
- Organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Excellent leadership able to inspire and motivate a team;
- Implementation of the EYFS and striving to meet Ofsted requirements;
- Apply the ethos and vision for the nursery throughout the setting;
- Implement Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, ensuring compliance by staff;
- Foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff;
- Supervision of Health and Safety;
- Marketing of the nursery to prospective parents and managing waiting lists;
- Oversee recruitment, management and Performance Reviews of staff;
- Maintenance of the nursery’s ICT system;
- Management of Nursery budget and financial records;
- Support in planning and encouraging reflective practice in all staff
- Professionalism and confidentiality at all times.