Information for Deputy Managers
Self-motivated, organised and pro-active, the Deputy Manager is responsible for assisting the Nursery Manager in the running of the setting whilst ensuring best outcomes for all children.
- A NVQ Level 3 in Child Care or above
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- At least two years post qualifying childcare experience.
- Computer literate
- Experience of leading teams and managing an early years setting would be an advantage.
- Experience of involvement in OFSTED inspections
- Excellent knowledge of EYFS
- Organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the nursery including financial operations in Nursery Managers absence;
- Supervise the team to ensure they monitor and observe activity and development of children; and plan, reflect and continually improve provision;
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children and ensure these standards are delivered by all staff;
- Build excellent relationships with children; families and staff;
- Ensure Safeguarding procedures are followed by all staff;
- Regularly review and update records of children’s development;
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and guidelines and support the Nursery Manager in ensuring these are regularly reviewed and updated;
- Assist with the Marketing of the nursery to prospective parents and managing waiting lists, when required by the manager;
- Develop staff teams and individual practitioners and support the Manager with recruitment and performance reviews of staff;
- Implementation of the EYFS and meeting Ofsted requirements.