Information for Cooks
With a passion for cooking healthy meals, the Nursery Cook understands the importance of providing young children with a nutritious balanced meal whilst following guidelines for ‘Safer Food Better Business’.
- A relevant Food and Hygiene qualification
- Experience in catering for children with a wide variety of different dietary requirements
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety procedures, including Risk Assessments, COSHH and RIDDOR
- Experience in meal planning and preparation, cooking, presentation and stock control
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow Infection Control, Health and Safety and Hygiene procedures in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation;
- Ensure that the overall food hygiene of the kitchen is met by complying with ‘Safer Food Better Business’;
- Preparation and serving of meals provided to the children and/or staff throughout the day, taking into account the budget, seasonal produce and nutritional requirements for children;
- Ensure optimal Food Hygiene practices by cleaning kitchen and all equipment throughout the day, ensuring food is prepared and stored in the correct way and appropriate disposal of waste;
- Awareness of Special Dietary requirements and procedures in relation to those;
- Follow the Allergen Policy to ensure all ingredients on the menu are clearly shared and accessible to all;
- Carry out duties as requested by the Nursery Management Team;
- Compliance with nursery Safeguarding Policies.